Mandatory Compliances Services
Change Company Name
A company name has the astonishing ability to add credibility, assure quality and set client expectations. A company name represents what your brand stands for and can create a unique identity that people can associate with. Extreme care should be given while selecting name of your company or when deciding to change its name.
Times may arise when the name of a company or LLP need to be changed by the promoters after incorporation. Various reasons like business model change, change of promoters, rebranding, etc. may warrant a change of company name. To the Registrar of Companies (RoC), changing your company’s name is no small issue. To change the name of a company, shareholders approval is required along with approval from the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
The first step to change the name of the company is passing of a board resolution. The next steps involve obtaining name approval from MCA, passing of a special resolution and applying for approval of new company name to the MCA. Once the MCA accepts the application, a new certificate of incorporation will be issued. On receipt of the new certificate of incorporation, changes are to be made to incorporate and change the MOA and AOA of the company as well.
Documents required to change company name
- Current Certificate of Incorporation
- MOA and AOA in word format
- List of Directors and Shareholders
- Proposed Name(s) in order of preference.
- Digital Signature of the authorised director
- Letterheads (approx 10) and rubber stamp of director
Why avail Bizpole Services
Bizpole is a leading business compliance services platform in India. Our experts can help you with the procedure of changing the name of your company. Our experts complete all the compliance requirements in a timely manner by doing all the paperwork for you. Our charges are only a fraction of the price charged by offline company secretaries making it cost effective for your business.
- Expert advice on procedure for Changing Company name
- Help in drafting of Board Resolution, effecting company name change
- Ensuring the new name is aligned with the guidelines provided by the RoC
- Name Availability Application for change of name to ROC
- Filing of relevant forms & documents for ROC approval
- ROC approval of new name for company